Saturday, January 15, 2011

Norman Love Chocolates #16: Pistachio Cherry

I was happy to try the Pistachio Cherry chocolate, mainly because I've never tried this flavor combination before and I like to try new things.

This isn't my first experience with pistachio fillings though--I minored in German and have a love for German and Austrian foods. There is a type of chocolate made in Austria called Mozartkugeln that have pistachio nougat. I used to really like them because of their foreignness, but one day I overate a bunch of them and now I can't eat them. So, hopefully this isn't the same thing!

The inside was creamy with a dollop of cherry on top, and honestly it tasted more like a cherry-cheese danish than anything else. If I didn't know it was pistachio I don't think I would've guessed it. But it was good enough and I really appreciated the cherry on the top because it gave it a nice little tartness to balance out the creaminess.

No comments:

Post a Comment