Sunday, January 9, 2011

Norman Love Chocolates #8: Strawberry

I could immediately tell that the next chocolate would be the strawberry one without even looking at the chocolate guide. The bright red color and flecks of black seeds on the outside were very appealing.

On a side note: when I finally get my own garden in a sunny spot, I really want to try to grow strawberries. I have fond memories of my childhood home in South Carolina, because it had a huge yard that bordered the woods, and right at the border between the yard and the woods there was a strip of wild strawberries. It was a real treat to find one or two while exploring on a summer day, like I'd found a secret. It's pretty much one of the only things better than finding a Honeysuckle bush.

The inside was an appealing pastel pink, and the taste didn't disappoint--it was like eating strawberry frosting. The white chocolate blended perfectly with the strawberry without having an unappealing aftertaste. If I could change anything, though, I would do this: Instead of using a white chocolate shell, try either milk or dark and market it as Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Truffle. I'm sure that exists elsewhere but it's just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment