Thursday, January 20, 2011

Norman Love Chocolates #18: Venezuelan Dark

There really isn't much to mention about this 66% Venezuelan Dark chocolate truffle that I haven't said before about dark chocolate, except for the fact that there are few things nicer than a truly well-made dark chocolate truffle. This one has more dark chocolate than the Dark Chocolate Cream Truffle that I tried, but I enjoy the extra-chocolatey bitterness so I knew I'd like this one.

Also, I like how artsy this chocolate is. If I was a kid and I still played with Barbies, I'd probably make this one into some sort of special occasion cake (I would say wedding cake but my Barbies were too busy fighting with Ken for that to happen, unless the story was like a spectacularly-bad Lifetime-esque wedding/cheating scandal. Yes, I was a creative child.)


It was pretty much exactly as I expected. There was a nice thin outer shell and the inside was as smooth as silk. There really isn't a word I can use to fully describe the texture. Well actually, I can, but it's gross if you don't like sushi. For those of you who are intense sushi-lovers (like me), it's like eating a really nice piece of Salmon sashimi (that is, just the fish without the rice). It had a very nice smooth/buttery feel but with chocolate instead of fish. (See, I told you it wasn't a great analogy.)

I thought this chocolate tasted a little sweeter than a dark chocolate normally does, and sure enough, I hadn't fully read the description before I ate it all up. Apparently it has been slightly enhanced with plum, coffee, and sweet raisin. That doesn't sound like a great combination, but I really couldn't taste the individual flavors, just the sweetness.

Two thumbs-coated-with-melted-chocolate up!

No comments:

Post a Comment