Thursday, January 20, 2011

Norman Love Chocolates #19: White Vanilla Truffle

I was not looking forward to eating the White Vanilla Truffle, but up till now I have been able to suck it up and eat chocolates I thought I might not enjoy, but then I actually did enjoy them. I have a pretty wide range of tastes that I enjoy, and I like to be adventurous, so I was up for the challenge.

On a side note, not only does this chocolate sound scarily unappetizing to me, but it also looks like a kidney stone. What have I gotten myself into?


First of all, I actually really like vanilla in a lot of things. I add extra vanilla extract to my baked desserts and one of my favorite frozen yogurt flavors is just plain vanilla (or sweet cream). However, I already think that white chocolate is too sweet, and I didn't want to combine that with the already-sweet vanilla truffle.

Honestly, this was the worst chocolate I've had in this collection so far. It tasted like that sugary frosting that comes on store-bought cakes. Sometimes I'm in a sugary frosting mood, but not when I order really high-quality chocolates. I think this would have been so much better if the shell had been an intensely dark chocolate to counterbalance the sweet vanilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment