Thursday, January 20, 2011

Norman Love Chocolates #20: Mint Chocolate Chip

Mint and chocolate are normally not my favorite combination, but I can handle it. I was interested to try the Mint Chocolate Chip confection, and I really liked the speckled-egg outer shell. (Although it makes me sad that somewhere there may be a chocolate bird looking for her delicious babies.)

The flavor was nice and smooth, a little like creme de menthe. Apparently the truffle part is a vanilla mint, and it had just the right combination of sweetness and mintiness. Not enough to overwhelm the truffle, but just enough to make your mouth a tiny bit tingly afterwards. Also, the chocolate chips on the inside were a nice touch and helped to balance out the flavor. Another very nicely made chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment